The Society of Sinners by Charity Parkerson
I rated this one 4.5/5 Stars. I really, really liked it. I just wanted more from each story. Yes, you heard right. When I started reading this I did not realize that it was made up of 5 Short Stories. They are all linked through a group called Safe Haven and The Society.
Recommend: I would recommend this book to those who enjoy Paranormal Romance such as Black Dagger Brotherhood and Midnight Breed Series. It had the same feel to it, but a different take on Vampires and Were's.
Instead of me breaking it down with likes and dislikes, I will just break down the stories a little for you. I really enjoyed all of them and they got better as they went on.
Story Number 1 : Brandon and Stacy
(Bring out the fan so you don't over heat!)
* Brandon is one of the first Vampires. This reminded me of Wrath(BDB) and Lucan (midnight breed series). He falls for Stacy.
* Stacy gets taken away and almost changed into a creature that can only come out at night. Brandon saves her with his blood. But she is tainted at that point. She ends up becoming a tiger shifter. Don't worry she saves his butt too in the end!
Story Number 2 : Jazz and Cherish
(Think Cat and Bones)
* Jazz is God's Warrior. He practically speaks to Him daily.
* Cherish has her own secret to keep from Jazz. She ends up using this secret to protect and save Jazz several times. What can I say, the man fell in love with her after that!
Story Number 3 : Gabe and Taylor
(Zsadist and Bella)
* Gabe is a rare type of Were because he is untainted.
* Gabe and Taylor meet in the woods every night for a month and bang she becomes pregnant.
* She runs he finds her and bam... they are married. Really it is sweet.
* They have a daughter named Annabelle.This reminded me of Zsadist (BDB).
Story Number 4 : Dominic and Mika
(Edward and Bella)
* Dominic was my favorite character in the stories. There was something about his background and how he acts that I couldn't help but fall in love with. I was really happy when I saw he had a story.
* All you Edward and Bella lovers this story is right up your alley. However, Mika can block or allow Dominic to hear her thoughts unlike Bella.
Story Number 5 : Dimitri and Annabelle
(You just might cry)
* This was my favorite Story out of the 5. You could not help but feel for both of these characters. I really don't want to say much because it will be better if you read it.
Favorite Quotes:
"Brandon eyed her closely, "I'm not going anywhere. I'm damnably durable, and I find I'm also incurably in love with you."
"How did you manage to get them to close down the club for this private party?" Caitlin asked, curious. "Well, I do make them a lot of money. So I asked and they laughed, so I mind zapped them." Caitlin looked horrified. "You did not!" "I did,..."
"Cherish defiled a monk."
"What are you doing?" Annabelle looked at her mother in exasperation. "I'm trying to get this stupid cake to look like it's a gift, instead of the insult against nature that it presently resembles."
"Dimitri scrubbed a hand over his face. Lord, he had forgotten what it was like arguing with a woman. They could back you into a corner from any direction, and you never knew which argument they were going to use, you only knew that you were going to lose."
I wished that all these stories had there own book dedicated to them. I wanted about 200 more pages per story.
Thanks you Charity Parkerson for giving me a copy so that I could enjoy and review your work. I really enjoyed it. Thanks.
-Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment