Friday, June 3, 2011

Cloth Diapers

So being a mother of two and one on the way has got me thinking of ways to save money. My two older children are 3 and 2. That means diapers are still being bought. They are not a huge expense now, especially since Rori is potty training in training panties not diapers. Liam goes through maybe 10-15 dollars a week. That is afforable. However, newborns on till they reach 15 months + they  typically go through a lot of diapers and add a huge cost.
 This time around I have a washer and dryer at home and my youngest will be 2 ½ months old instead of 13 months. I am hoping that this allows me to save money and do cloth diapers with the next one. I have talked to people (Thanks Anna and Tristan) about cloth diapers and what works for them. I have also researched hours on the internet that confirms what I have heard.

Here are some links:


My choices:Lil' Joey GoodMamaBum genius 4.0

  My goal is to start off with half and half. I am planning on purchasing a few different newborn brands of diapers and having a total of 6 - 8 diapers. This allows me to try out a few I have heard of as well as getting used to cloth instead of disposable. If all goes well I will bump up the amount of cloth diapers and just do disposable when out and about. I will post my reviews on the products probably end of October beginning of November, since I am not due till October 8th.

No comments: